Re: Performance Brainstorming

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:55:26 -0000

Chuck had some good points.

if we assume all defaults then you are using SQL*loader in conventional mode.

Please post your SQL*loader ctl file and log file from the load.

and the definition of the tables (full including tablespaces and ALL indexes and constraints )
then post a statspack delta before and after.

I've just loaded 10,000 rows in 3.2 seconds from a remote ethernet pc (to a slow PC running 92 ) so there is probably some scope for improvement for you !