Re: FGAC

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:32:55 -0000

There are indications from Oracle (but I can't find the reference in the manual any more) that you should restrict the generated predicates to calls to sys_context(), rather than adding tables.

However, this can still change access paths - especially in 8.1, and especially if you have outer joins on the controlled tables - for example where a path had an index-only
option pre-control, but has to visit the table to check a column due to the security predicate.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Next Seminar dates:
(see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html )

____Denver_______December 2/4
____England______January 21/23

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

<3de217f9$0$8507$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net>...