Re: FGAC

From: Noodles <noodles_at_aol.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2002 11:49:15 GMT

Gary,

We have it used in a 80G system running on HP-Unix 11 with Oracle 8.1.7. The base tables have about 1.3 million rows. The data is logically parsed into about 14 groups so each group can't see any other groups data ( Regulatory requirements). I've never heard of FGAC being implemented in a smaller hardware (W2K) environment so I've no data whether or not there are any issues.

Make your SQL is tuned perfectly because as you know, FGAC just appends the SQL from the "rule".

Cliff Received on Mon Nov 25 2002 - 05:49:15 CST