Problem for experts: disconnection to server

From: G.B. <gabriele.boschetti_at_kklogistics.it>
Date: 25 Nov 2002 02:11:59 -0800

After about 30 minutes, application (Centura, Microsoft Query, SQL Plus...) linked to Oracle Server 8.1.7 (on AIX) in remote lan, get down with error ORA-03114.
Then I close those application and restart again and it's OK. So, if I go away from PC for 30 minutes, when I return on PC, I must restart application previously opened (because that error ORA-03114). I have a lan splitted in 2 (172.30.x.y and 172.19.x.y), with between a firewall.
But this isn't the problem: in fact, application linked to another server (SQL Server 7) are OK.
Moreover, If I use application in the same LAN of server, application never go down with this error.
It seems that application linked to remote Oracle Server, after about 30 minutes go down.
Is there anyone that has solve that problem? Thank you.
Gabriele. Received on Mon Nov 25 2002 - 04:11:59 CST