Re: broad discussion about future market direction for DBA

From: grjohnson <Johnsog123_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Nov 2002 15:46:57 -0800

Fine, Fine I'm not going to try to debate this issue with people. All I can say is that I've been implementing this type of functionality for the last year in systems in Australia's largest Telecommunications Company. I've seen this functionality at work, and whilst I agree that it will only be required in small cases, there is a requirement for it. But just because people HAVEN'T seen it or had experince with it, I wouldn't disregard it. Cynicism without the facts is a not a welcome trait in my DBA Dept.

Enjoy.