What's going on?

From: Tim C <NOTCornwell_at_NOTcs.NOTcornell.NOTedu>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 15:30:37 -0500

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this, or tell me where to look for some help.

I start two processes - P1 and P2. Both should take about X minutes when run alone.
Process P1 finishes in X+Y minutes - not surprising because there were two running.
However:
Process P2 is still running after 2X+Y (actually *much* longer) minutes. More facts:
Both of these processes update the same table - but different records. There are many Update statements in both processes. Help!
Tim
Oracle 9.2.0...
Red Hat Advanced Server 2.5
Intel (Dell) 2-processor (Xeon) Received on Sun Nov 24 2002 - 14:30:37 CST