Re: help with oracle error

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:23:55 +0100

Check for errors in the alert.log file of the database, I think it is called orclALRT.LOG.
Can't say for sure where oracle stores this file in a default install. Could be c:\oracle\admin\orcl\bdump or c:\orant\rdbms\log or c:\orant\rdbms\trace. Check for *.trc files too (in the udump dir). I'am almost sure the database won't open properly because of some errors. To find the actual status of the database start svrmgrl, connect internal and do "select * from v$instance;".
The "status" column shows you if the database is started, mounted or open. It should be open, I expect it to be mounted.

brian <brian_dellong_at_yahoo.com> schreef in berichtnieuws a74ee6e1.0211230804.79ab1b98_at_posting.google.com...