many connections to OracleDB -> memory/performance problems

From: Nowitzky <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:52:47 +0000

Hi,

my java-application use connection pooling. After some hours I habe 90 connection to my Oracle9i (on Linux) database; only some of them are active. That is ok.
But in my process list (operating system) I see that every database process/thread will use more than 400MB (after starting the application each process will user 100KB and during the time this size is growing enormously). The result is that the system swaps, because 4GB memory are to small. Can I limit the size which will be used from an oracle process? And how I configure this optimal?

I'm using a dedicated server. Shoud I use MTS? And how I can configure this in the best way?

Thanx for help!

Bye,
Jan