Re: Help writing SQL query

From: Tony Cantara <tonycantara123_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Nov 2002 01:01:37 -0800

> unless some limitations on the shape complexity are introduced

The only thing I can think of, and I don't believe you are suggesting this, is for example to create a table with a flag in it for each shapeID where the flag indicates whether the sometimes complex parent shape has a triangle in it, or a rectangle, or a pentagon, or some of them, or all of them etc; then then use these flags to cut down the hitset prior to the intensive searching on the absolute connectivity.

If you are then unfortunately for me I don't know what shapes the user will search the CAD on, so I can't place limitations, specifically a flag indicating I know about specific inner shapes in advance, to make things simple.

If you're not then elaboration would be both informative to the task at hand, and just plain interesting.
Tony Received on Sat Nov 23 2002 - 03:01:37 CST