Can't start db after chown & chgrp

From: Andrew <acjunk2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Nov 2002 18:33:04 -0800

I did the following on Linux:
1) standard install with user oracle a member of oinstall, sysdba, and sysoper.
2) I wanted to clean this up, and made oracle a member of a new group called oracle.
3) Removed oracle's membership in oinstall, sysdba, sysoper groups. 4) Then I changed everything in $ORACLE_HOME and $ORACLE_BASE to be a member of oracle:oracle.

Now I can't start the database!!! When I do:

        sqlplus /nolog
        conn / as sysdba

I get:

        SQL> conn / as sysdba
        ERROR:
        ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

Anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem? Regenerate the orapw file? chown/chgrp any other hidden files?

Thanks!
Andrew Received on Fri Nov 22 2002 - 20:33:04 CST