Re: Oracle History??

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 22 Nov 2002 17:27:21 -0800

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/068816353X/qid=1038014234/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-5341632-1172907?v=glance&s=books

> Regards
> HJR
>
> "Mark Townsend" <markbtownsend_at_attbi.com> wrote in message
> >
> > http://www.osborne.com/products/0072192798/0072192798_ch01.pdf

Supply _Change_ Management? Don't they mean Supply _Chain_ Management?

Also, they put in qualifiers, like "the first dbms to work on Mainframes and Minicomputers," and "the first SQL" whatever, as if that is some kind of great thing. In the early to mid '80s there were several superior languages to SQL, and Oracle was by no means the best system for any particular purpose. Like IBM, the greatness, if you want to call it that, was in the marketing and financials. So what if Star could join db's in New York and SF - in the mid-80's, I saw a language that could join between different DBMS's!

Harumph.

jg

--
@home is bogus.
So what will happen to Oracle if Larry bites the big one in a yacht