Re: What use is OCP? they did it again!

From: Terry Mu <terry_mu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 21:23:13 GMT

Gernerally, I think OCP exams and Oracle University textbooks suck.

I completed both 8i&9i certification 2 months ago, there are a lot of mistakes in theose books, typo plus logically mess up. A few questions in exams totally confict with choices literally, especially in Back&recovery.

I don't know what are those Oracle Education guys doing. They charge each exam for $125US, and a lot of money for books, and I don't see they are taking it seriously.

We take it seriously because we want a career with Oracle. But that's not the truth on Oracle side. I lost some confidence in Oracle after I learn it. Look at those ugly variable or parameter naming, I wouldn't do that when I develop a project.

OCP is only Oracle's another market hype, in some ways. It's becoming more and more like MCSE.
It's not worth it. Sun and Cisco do better. Multiple choice is a poor format for good exams, even
this Oracle can't do better. OCP is only a toy of lazy lousy Oralce Education.

Prometric sucks too, after 2 months, I haven't got both my certificates, they had to resend them twice. It also happened to my friends. Received on Fri Nov 22 2002 - 15:23:13 CST