Re: shutdown immediate: make it go faster

From: Patrice LENOIR <patrice.lenoir_at_eurotunnel.com>
Date: 22 Nov 2002 13:20:10 -0800

Hi Charles

all my database are stopped by this way : shutdown abort
starupt force
and at least
shutdown (normal or immediat)

when the shutdown normal or immediate arrive, oracle is cleaning the temporary segment (i mean all what is in the tempdata, the sort tablespace), if you have a database where sort are important when the shutdown accour then it can take a long time for the shutdown normal to be effective.

I've an NT oarcle database V7.3.3 where i have this "problem".

I've found these explanation on the metalink oracle.

regards

Patrice