Re: IOT - Tablespace

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 07:47:06 +1100

It's blank because it doesn't actually exist.

When you say

create table blah (
col1 number constraint blah_col_pk primary key, col2 etc etc)
organization index...

...then what you've actually created is an index (in this case called blah_col1_pk) which is visible in user_indexes (or dba_indexes etc). The table 'blah' appears in user_tables, sure enough, because it exists logically. But physically, the only thing that exists is the index structure.

The null value for tablespace_name in user_tables is trying to tell you all of that.

Regards