Help with 12535 connection error

From: Chris <chris.burge_at_corvaira.net>
Date: 22 Nov 2002 11:31:47 -0800

I'm trying to connect to an oracle database that is behind a firewall from an outside box. In trying to connect through SQL Plus, I get a timeout issue of 12535. In looking at the trace logs, I see that I first try to connect to the external IP, 72.XX.XX.XXX, it appears to handshake fine but then I'm redirected to an internal IP, 10.XX.XX.XXX, upon which I get a failed socket connection error with errors 12535, 12560, 505, and 60.

In looking at the server's listener.ora file, the address list uses a DNS name for the host with a protocol of TCP. This DNS name is mapped to the internal address. Is it safe to assume that the use of the DNS name in the listener is causing my 12535 error? If so, is it safe to replace the name in the listener.ora with the IP address?

Thanks,
Chris Received on Fri Nov 22 2002 - 13:31:47 CST