Propagation to a Standby db

From: AS <as118085_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 22 Nov 2002 08:18:43 -0800

I have a production db and a stand by db ... they are connected by using dataguard ...

Oracle 8.1.6.3.0
Sol 2.7

I am to deliver a bunch of code to production and want to make sure I dont deliver anything in a manner which may break things ... my questions are :

Q1 > I assume normal insert/update/delete all have logging. so those changes are propagated through. what about the truncate command (I need to reorg a table)?

Q2 > I'll be adding cols to existing tables so I assume they will be propagated through, anyone see problems with this ?

Q3 > I am assuming create table and drop table both propagate through too ... I have made sure I have used the logging clause in the create table commands.

Q4 > if i do an alter table coalesce ... does that mess up the stby server ?

Q5 > the tablespaces are like swiss cheese ... various extent sizes being used and various pctincrease values ... so i would want to set pctincrease to be consistent. will a change to that propagate through ?

Thanks in advance

Andy Received on Fri Nov 22 2002 - 10:18:43 CST