Creating types in Orace 9i: why it doesn't work?

From: Roman Zhovtulya <roman_at_fh-offenburg.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:24:55 +0100

Hello,
Just wondering if anyone had the problem creating types in Oracle 9i (I'm trying to explore object-oriented features of Oracle). The strange thing is that it goesn't give any error when I execute the following (I've tried both Toad and SQLPlus):

create type Persontype
 (

    PersNr integer,
    Name varchar(30),
    primary key (EmpNr)
  );

, but it gives "invalid datatype" error when I execute the following:

create table Student of persontype;

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Roman Zhovtulya

Database Lab

M.Sc. Roman Zhovtulya
Research Assistant
Database Lab
Offenburg University of Applied Sciences

roman_at_fh-offenburg.de