Re: Bye Oracle.

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:22:34 GMT

We're also facing this choice... except that we've not licensed either database yet, though we've probably spent $40-50K already on Oracle training. The poor economy has hit us hard and now we're in a budget crisis and management is balking at the licensing and maintenance costs, which for us is about 10x more for Oracle (SE) than MSSQL Server. I too don't want to switch, mainly because I believe it will delay starting application development by another year at least, as we start over on training.