Re: query intermedia index

From: Jens Grivolla <j-news2002-11_at_grivolla.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:42:14 +0100

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> writes:

> Yup. When you create an interMedia text index, 4 new tables are created with
> a 'dr$' stuck on the front of the name of the index and suffixes of $i, $k,
> $n and $r. You want the $i one.

Yes, I had seen those tables.

> [lengthy and very nice explanation snipped]
> SQL> desc DR$NEWS_IDX$I
> Name Null? Type
> ----------------------------------------- -------- ------------------------
> ----
>
> TOKEN_TEXT NOT NULL VARCHAR2(64)
> TOKEN_TYPE NOT NULL NUMBER(3)
> TOKEN_FIRST NOT NULL NUMBER(10)
> TOKEN_LAST NOT NULL NUMBER(10)
> TOKEN_COUNT NOT NULL NUMBER(10)
> TOKEN_INFO BLOB
>
> Obviously, the only column you're really interested in is the TOKEN_TEXT
> one.

Ok, I see. However, does any of those fields relate to the documents the term can be found in?

I would need to add constraints on other fields of the documents, i.e. get the dictionary of only those words that appear in documents that satisfy those constraints.

Anyway, thanks very much for your explanation, and please excuse that my nomenclature is not the usual one for oracle or databases. I really don't have anything to do with databases normally but need some functionality my colleagues seem to be unable to provide for me, so I have to dig in it myself. As you understood, e.g. when I am talking of documents, AFAIK that's what you call rows in a table.

Ciao,

   Jens Received on Fri Nov 22 2002 - 02:42:14 CST