BOM application

From: John <pongo_sk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:45:16 +0900

Hi, gurus
Data of engineering Bill Of Materials are very hierarchical, nested, and complicated.
I'd appreciate your comments on followings:

(1) Will Object-Relational features of Oracle (VARRAY, NESTED TABLE, ...) be
a help?

     Or, will those features make things more complicated?
      What about querying complexity and performance of those features?

(2) Are there any tools that allow designers and developers of relational

    DBMS for developing hierarchical data application (complicated, nested data, e.g., BOM)

(3) sys_guid()? or sequence? for primary keys

    Which should I use and when? Any pros and cons?

Much thanks in advance,

--
John