Tom Kytes book talks about N-Tier authentication.

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2002 23:17:23 -0600

For the application I am architecting the database for, I will be:

What I'm having a hard time understanding is that in Tom's book, he walks through a very detailed example of c-code that ends up being able to be compiled and then executed. This code logs in as a particular user with that user being able to act as the proxy for the real user. In our case, the user that logs on will be an "app_user" and there will be a connection pool of these "app_user"'s.

Do the application servers have code written like Tom's and let you hook into that code through configuration of the server, or will I need to write similar code in java and hook that into the application server's connection pools?

Thanks.

--
Galen deForest Boyer