Re: Get list of databases

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:52:06 +1100

(http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_data
> base_id=NOT&p_id=190435.1)). The migration path from Oracle 9i (e.g.
> 9.2.0.1.0) is TBD.
>
> As for ONAMES support, it is AT LEAST - if not MORE:
>
> Error Correction Support (ECS): 31-DEC-2003
> Extended Assistance Support (EAS): 31-DEC-2006
>

> Who knows maybe the next release won't be 10i

Well, as things are currently set, 10i is indeed to be called 10i.

I've tried persuading them to release OracleXP (TM), OracleYou (likewise) or OracleCougar(ditto), but it has fallen on deaf ears.

I quite liked the idea I saw here a while back: the next release should be called Mandy. Then April, Sandy, and Gerald. Then DBA conversations go along the lines of 'have you patched Mandy yet?' 'No, I decided to ditch April and install Sandy instead'. 'But Sandy can be difficult -and I hear she has bugs'. 'Nothing compared to trying to sort out Gerald - a very difficult customer! But good in an array, so I'm told'.

Etc. Etc.

I'll have another go when Larry is down for the Sydney to Hobart next month.

No promises, mind.

Regards
HJR