Re: Win2000, IIS 5.0 , Oracle 9i installation

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:35:55 GMT

Guy Dillen wrote:
> Is it possible to install Oracle9i on a Windows 2000 platform and using IIS
> instad of Apachewebserver?
>
> If so, how should i do the installation (to NOT install Apache)?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Guy

Yes, when you initially install Oracle, you can do a "custom" install (on the Installation Types screen). On the next screen - Available Product Components - deselect "Oracle Http Server."

If it's too late, and you've already installed Apache, you can get rid of it by starting the Oracle Installer, clicking Deinstall Products, expand the OraHome node, expand the Oracle Enterprise Edition node, then make sure the "Oracle HTTP Server" is checked. Then click Remove. Note: These steps are what I took on 8i, but they should be relatively similar in 9i. Received on Thu Nov 21 2002 - 16:35:55 CST