Re: setting up RAC on linux, which hardware? as cheap as possible

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 07:44:51 +1100

I can't answer your question directly (Linux, you know!). But if you visit the files link at www.oaktable.net, you'll find two papers on building a simulated Windows RAC, and one (by James Morle) on building a simulated Linux RAC. You need nothing more than a bit of software and a single laptop/PC.

It's certainly a cluster, and it's certainly cheap.

Might not be what you had in mind, however.

Regards
HJR "Wijbrand Pauw" <w.pauw_at_xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:Xns92CDDAFC52F8Dwpauwxs4allnl_at_194.109.133.29...
> Hi,
>
> I want to build a cheap Linux cluster (OCFS, Beowulf, Redhat 7.3) with
RAC.