Re: NLS_LANG hell

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:38:12 +0100

On 21 Nov 2002 11:02:20 -0800, greg_dorval_at_hotmail.com (Greg) wrote:

>So the character in question is "É". Am I missing something here?
>Why won't it display properly in sqlplus?

Would look like you are using the 437 codepage on winblows, which is usually being caused by your regional settings being incorrect. Also you need to define the registry variable SQLPLUS_FONT to some font capable of displaying these characters, like Lucida Console, or Courier New, and SQLPLUS_FONT_SIZE for the pitch you want to have. There is a note up on metalink with more details about this issue. Note 152260.1, which will also deal with Euro issues. You might also want to check 158577.1

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Nov 21 2002 - 14:38:12 CST