Abstract DataType ??

From: Fahim <fhashmat_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2002 12:33:34 -0800

Hi,
I am in the middle of designing a report server (demoralized form of production), and want a suggestion, I have a table which could grow upto 2.5 to 3 million rows, Is it a good idea to make several abstract data type, like Name_TY(First, Last, Mi) Bill_Add_TY(Add1,Add2), Ship_Add_TY(Add1,Add2) etc in one table or create one table with all of these columns prefix with main demog like NAME_FIRST, NAME_LAST, MAIL_ADD_ADD1, SHIP_ADD_ADD1 etc.

Which would be most efficient in performance, where would data actually store in abstract type column, is it store out side the table or in the table. if it store outside the table (like nested table) then I think second option would be best for me. I'll appreciate for any suggestion.
Thanks for your comments in advance.

Fahim Received on Thu Nov 21 2002 - 14:33:34 CST