Re: How to start up the database when one of the datafile was removed?

From: rs <info_at_bytelife.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:48:14 +0100

Hello May,
Corrupt or unneeded datafile removal:
connect internal in svrmgrl ; or SQLplus; then:
> startup mount
> Alter database datafile 'xxx...' offline drop ; (which one: select *
from v$datafile...)
> Alter database open ;

Then drop tablespace offcourse. Thats's all, good luck

     Roelof Schierbeek

R.Schierbeek, DBA

e-mail: info_at_NSPAM bytelife.com
www   : www.bytelife.com
sql   : www.bytelife.com/sql4dba.htm

May Xu <xuping_at_qindaonews.com> wrote in @qindaonews.com... Hi all,
Do you have an idea how to start up the database when one of the datafile was removed by fault?
And there is no hope to recover this data file from the disk. When I start up the database, it firstly report ORA-00600, for can not access that file; then according
to the error message, I created the data file on disk, physically, only an empty file. It still reports error
which is described below:
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [17588], [18602160], [], [], [], [], [], []
ORA-27069: skgfdisp: attempt to do I/O beyond the range of the file Any suggestion on fixing this issue is highly appreciated. Please reply the answer to the whole newsgroup.
Thanks,
May Xu Received on Thu Nov 21 2002 - 12:48:14 CST