Re: sending core dumps to dev/null

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:28:46 -0000

where does one start !

The cores should all be reported to support and iTars opened immediately

If it is coring then you should find out why and stop the offending process.

Can you post the alert log (or a subset of it - there may be some ORA-600 errors etc. in there. )

do show parameter background_dump_dest in sqlplus to find out where it is.

You should not be continuing to use Oracle if it is core dumping like that !

In answer to your question you might be able to redirect core_dump_dest parameter to /dev/null

but without a Unix