Re: Queries give impossible results

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2002 08:28:45 -0800

Had you actually READ the posts you'd be aware that Jake HAS supplied a great deal of information regarding this matter. I believe you've 'stepped in it'; please stop tracking it about the building.

Given that using the UPPER() function returns the proper result Jake's assessment that it's data-related (possibly due to the tool used for insertion) appears to be correct. I also imagine that Jake is busy working on what anomalies are present in the data causing such behaviour. Yes, an explain plan may help dissect this and shed light on the problem, it also may not. Confidentiality agreements can be quite, well, 'sticky' and being overly cautious is not a crime. He is NOT the 'boss' in this situation, someone ELSE is and Jake is subject to his superior's wishes and decisions. And, you have no place second-guessing that decision.

You've again made rude, useless comments and baseless accusations. Is this what you do best? Prove that Jake is lying; I doubt you can.