Ora816 - 100% CPU usage after Import

From: Natra <natra_at_libbbero.it>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:15:11 +0100

Hi boys,
I've a great problem on a Linux Box Red Hat 7.2 with Oracle 817 with patch (hardware: P3 1000 Mhz - 512 MbRam).
Before installing the Linux Box mi database worked on a Ora 816 (on the same hardware) on WinNT (SerPack 6a).
In order to migrate DB to the new OS I've used the export utility from the command prompt.
After the installation of new enviroment I've operate the Import ( from Linux shell command line) of .dmp file (160 Mb) and all seems to be done very well.
After installing the ERP procedure that uses Oracle DB I've immediately verified an incredible slowly performance in quite simple query (with order by) in a 50.000 row table, (this query in NT environment takes arount 50 sec. with a 99% CPU time - in the new environment takes around 28 minutes with 98 % of CPU time ad around 14% of memory). Other that situation we have verified that the whole operation in DB was greatly decrease after import. I've tried to modify a lots of time the init file but the increase of performance was imperceptible.
I've read in some posts that it's possible that the recreation of the DB dictionary indexes during import was failed ant that must ricreate ( or optimizate ) with some ORACLE command, that I don't know. If exist some command to help me in this situation, please post it. Thanks for attention.

Francesco Ortolani

P.S.
I'm sorry for my english... I'm italian :-)

This is my actual init file

db_name = "colfi"
instance_name = colfi
service_names = colfi

control_files = ("/home/oracle/oradata/colfi/control01.ctl", "/home/oracle/oradata/colfi/control02.ctl", "/home/oracle/oradata/colfi/control03.ctl")

db_files=1024

open_cursors = 300
#open_cursors = 256

max_enabled_roles = 30
db_file_multiblock_read_count = 32
db_block_buffers = 45000

shared_pool_size = 48321843
# shared_pool_size = 9000000

large_pool_size = 614400
java_pool_size = 0

log_checkpoint_interval = 10000
log_checkpoint_timeout = 1800

processes = 150
#processes = 100

log_buffer = 163840
#log_buffer = 32768

parallel_max_servers = 5
max_dump_file_size = 10240

rollback_segments = ( rbs0, rbs1, rbs2, rbs3, rbs4, rbs5, rbs6, rbs7, rbs8, rbs9, rbs10, rbs11, rbs12, rbs13, rbs14, rbs15 )

background_dump_dest = /home/oracle/admin/colfi/bdump core_dump_dest = /home/oracle/admin/colfi/cdump resource_manager_plan = system_plan
user_dump_dest = /home/oracle/admin/colfi/udump

db_block_size = 8192

remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive

os_authent_prefix = ""

job_queue_processes = 2
#job_queue_processes =1

job_queue_interval = 30
distributed_transactions = 500
open_links = 4

mts_dispatchers = "(PROTOCOL=TCP)(SER=MODOSE)" mts_dispatchers = "(PROTOCOL=TCP)(PRE=oracle.aurora.server.SGiopServer)"

dml_locks = 748
compatible = "8.1.0"
sort_area_size = 65536 Received on Thu Nov 21 2002 - 06:15:11 CST