Re: Rollback and slow delete

From: grjohnson <Johnsog123_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2002 22:46:52 -0800

You are using 8i, you may as well implement paritioning. In your table design add a DAYC (day created) column, or something similar, in which you can use to partition your data on. Your removal of records will complete in a matter of seconds.. rather than hours, cause you'll use TRUNCATE rather than DELETE.

Cheer,

Greg.