Re: Bye Oracle.

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: 20 Nov 2002 14:27:16 -0800

norwoodthree_at_my-deja.com (NorwoodThree) wrote in message news:<ba03e2c.0211200715.3d8e0ae0_at_posting.google.com>...

> I dont want to cause a huge thread, but is there a link somewhere that
> explains the disadvantages to this? I dont know anything about SQL
> Server. I know there have been threads as to "Oracle vs. SQL Server"
> but it doesnt answer my question directly. I want to stick with
> Oracle.

I don't know the details of your case. But one of my clients has undergone a similar exercise recently. Microsoft themselves did the costing and ROI exercise and came up with 5 years minimum for the ROI to kick in.

Given that this particular client has not even been using Oracle for 5 years,

Given that this were Microsoft's own "worked" numbers,

They reached the conclusion that it would be sheer madness to convert to SS.

Mind you, more and mroe we'll see this type of exercise being undertaken...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Nov 20 2002 - 16:27:16 CST