Re: Query Cache

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2002 12:48:00 -0800

You might want to take a look of FGAC (fine grained access control) and see if it can give you what you need. Basically you establish a policy and link it to a table with dbms_rls.add_policy. And within the function that implements that policy you decide how the policy should work - which effectively alter your SQL statement. There have been quite a few discussions on FGAC recently in this NG. You can do a search to find out the issues and the problem related to update table with CLOB field.

That said, don't do it just because you can. My feeling is that if you want to do it, you should do it from the beginning when you are building the apps, not after.