Re: Get list of databases

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2002 10:52:10 -0600

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, lopemanc_at_swbell.net wrote:

> Daniel Morgan wrote:
>

>> Robert Vabo wrote:
>>
>> > How can I use .NET to retrieve a list of all Oracle services
>> > on my network ?  -- Regards Robert Vabo Gecko AS
>> > www.gecko.no
>>
>> 1.  Please don't cross post to every newsgroup you can spell
>>
>> 2. These are Oracle forums ... not forums for Microsoft.
>>
>> Daniel Morgan

> Just an observation. But maybe he is cross posting because of
> low activity and a lack of helpful responses.

I did a search across the comp.databases.oracle.*. groups on Vabo. I got only 36 hits. Almost all of those were from 2000 and a look at his questions showed them to be easily solvable by anybody who opened the first page of a section in documentation.

Now, he comes along and "screams" for help with something that shouldn't warrant screaming.

He got the flippant answer he deserved.

--
Galen Boyer