ORA-08176

From: Alex Ivascu <alex_at_ivascu.comNOSPAM>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:32:19 GMT

Hi group. I started seeing the above error message on one of my database (9.2) running on RedHat8. The only information Orcl provides is the following:

ORA-08176 consistent read failure; rollback data not available Cause: Encountered data changed by an operation that does not generate rollback data: create index, direct load or discrete transaction. Action: In read/write transactions, retry the intended operation. Read-only transactions must be restarted.

I am using automatic undo management and OMF in my database. And the process that 'seems' to generate this, is a finite-scheduling routine (PL/SQL w/ 17K lines of code), that uses A LOT of GTempTables. Any suggestions? Pointers?

As always, TIA.

--
Alex Ivascu