Re: Bye Oracle.

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:32:40 -0000

I'd have thought an interesting comparison would be the one off cost of converting your datawarehouse (include training costs etc for developers dbas etc) compared to the annual 'saving' on license costs. Naturally a better comparison would include the cost of the different levels of availability but this is almost impossible to quantify. My suggestion at least compares cash you will spend now with the saving you will obtain. If the payback period is (say) 3 years it would be interesting to compare that with the ROI required for new development projects.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA