how rollback segment is used

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2002 02:39:16 -0800

We have a reporting database that is separate from the production database.
The ONLY inserts/updates/deletes that happen in the reporting database come from a extraction script. Here is how the extraction script works:

Every 5 minutes, it wakes up, reads from a config file and extracts data from production database and commits them into the reporting database. The only thing that matters in the config file is the parameter for rollback segment - we have to specify one specific rollback segment - in this case RBS01.
Once the extraction is done, it sleeps and repeats the whole process again one or two minutes later.

My question is, will it ALWAYS start using from the FIRST extent in the rollback segment and overwrites the previous extraction rollback info?

rgds
Daud Received on Wed Nov 20 2002 - 04:39:16 CST