Re: Help writing SQL query

From: Tony Cantara <tonycantara123_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2002 00:11:19 -0800

> > (initially I thought this would be an easy query to write using a
> > CONNECT BY PRIOR construct clause but this doesn't work for
> > 'cyclic/loop data' like that below).
> > Many thanks
> > Tony

Mike, I think you have solved the approach. I couldn't fathom how to get around the 'loop' problem with the CONNECT BY PRIOR clause until seeing your code. All I have to do now is code the routines in a generic sense (another table with shape connectivities that may want to search for) so that I can, arbitrarly, count the number of triangles, rectangles, pentagons, shapes with triangles and rectangles in them, shapes with rectangles and only one triangles but no pentagons ...
Regards
Tony Received on Wed Nov 20 2002 - 02:11:19 CST