Re: Oracle History??

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Nov 2002 21:30:50 -0800

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:<D9AC9.80088$g9.225516_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>...
> Does anyone know of a set of documentation outlining when features first
> appeared in various Oracle versions? For example, I believe that Parallel
> Server first made an appearance in version 5 in 1989. But I've only got a
> rather dodgy source for that belief, and I'd like the donkey's doo-dah's
> last word in authorative truth on the matter. Just as an example.
>
> Is there such a document ('cos I can't find it if so)?
>
> Personal reminiscences are appreciated, but not quite the definitive source
> I was after!
>
> Cheers
> HJR
Sorry, can't give references. May be couple of days later.

Set operations: union, minus, intersect: v5

Read-only consistency: v6. There was a white paper, I don't think it's possible to find it now. There was also an article, probably in Byte magazine in 1989(?).

Cost-based optimizer: v7. White paper might be still available on Metalink, but I'm not sure. Need to check. Received on Tue Nov 19 2002 - 23:30:50 CST