Re: Trigger creates without compilation error but while running shows errors

From: Martin Doherty <martin.doherty_at_elcaro.moc>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:10:59 -0800

Can you explain why the presence of the extended error messages is a problem for you?

If it is just you sitting at your workstation using SQL*Plus, it doesn't seem like a problem.

If your trigger will be returning a raised exception to an application, then the application code is responsible for handling any server errors that occur in the most appropriate way. You can catch the exception and then decide whether to display any returned messages to the user or print it on your report log or .....

It seems to me that the text in your -20001 exception is useful for an end user, while the info in the -06512 and -04088 is useful for a technical support analyst who is trying to track the cause of an error message.

Martin Doherty