Re: GLOBAL_NAME, DBLINKS and Replication

From: Bass Chorng <bchorng_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Nov 2002 16:14:03 -0800

patrice.lenoir_at_eurotunnel.com (Patrice LENOIR) wrote in message news:<28470373.0211180645.1f51416b_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi
>
> I'm in front of a problem :
>
> I've installed the replication between two database db1 and db2. for
> that i had to change the GLOBAL_NAME instance parameter from false to
> true. Since i've change it, all my dblinks which are not created with
> the same name as the remote database it wants to access are no more
> working. I understand that because of the global_name parameter but i
> need to make the replication works.
>
> does anyone have experience this problem?, do i really need to have
> this parameter to true for the replication?
>
> Many Thanks
>
> patrice

  Patrice, it is not true that global_name has to be true in order   for replication to work. It has to do with your service_name   in tnsnames.ora and in init.oar and global_dbname in listener.ora.   I think it also has to do with your connect string name in   tnsnames.ora.

  The relationship is very confusing to me, but I think they are   all related.

  I just set up a snapshot refresh recently with global_name turned   off, so I am sure it works. Received on Tue Nov 19 2002 - 18:14:03 CST