Log file sequential read ??

From: Ed Stevens <spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:20:57 GMT

Platform: Oracle 8.1.7.4 EE on Win2K

A statspack report shows most of our wait event time (39.5 %) for 'log file sequential read'. A search of MetaLink turned up lots of hits for Rdb. The few other hits didn't really address this event, just had it mentioned in a list of events. Pretty much the same for a search of this ng's archives. OraPerf simply says 'The logfile header block was read. This could happen for example when a new log file is added or when a logfile is dumped.'

So, with this event fingered as my 'heavy hitter', what course of action would you recommend?

Anyone want to see the whole statspack report, for comment?

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer.)