Re: Cannot start Enterprise Manager

From: Fred Zimmerman <silversw2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Nov 2002 05:19:39 -0800

I am running Windows NT Workstation 4.0
Oracle 8i Release 3 (8.1.7)

I went into Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant, and confirmed that indeed I had a valid EM repository for user/password: 'fred','fred', and host: 'oracle.psnsbsn.navy.mil'.

When I attempt to login to EM Console for the above user/password/host combination, I get the error message:

VTK-1000: Unable to connect to the management server oracle.psnsbsn.navy.mil. Please verify that you have entered the correct host name and the status of the Oracle Management Server.

Fred Zimmerman
silversw2000_at_yahoo.com