Re: Oracle CPU & Memory Limits

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:09:37 GMT

"Scallica" <Scallica_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bdhC9.3475$s02.292_at_news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
> Hello,
>
> My Oracle 8 server has been running slow. Its a 500mhz Win NT 4 system
with
> 256mb ram. I was told that Oracle has memory and cpu caps so that it
doesn't
> take up all of the resources. If this is true, is there a way to disable
> this? Thanks.
>
> -Scallica-

Using the Resource Manager you can set rules for CPU allocation to groups of users but, there is always a but, if more CPU is available after applying the constraint, any user can use it up, provided no one else with higher priority needs it.
I am not sure this is what you are looking for though.

Cheers,
Flavio Received on Tue Nov 19 2002 - 07:09:37 CST