Re: Help- connect as sys from client

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:18:29 +0100

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:08:06 +0800, "andi" <andi_at_a.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've updated the server's sqlnet.ora (1st attempt changed to NONE and second
>attempt commented out the parameter),
>and restart the database, but still cannot connect, the same error message
>occured.
>I'm using client's side sqlplus 8.0.6.0.0 from oracle developer 6i
>
>Any other way?
>TIA.
Most likely you changed the remote_login_passwordfile parameter without changing the SYS password.
When remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive the SYS and internal password are supposed to be the same. If they're not, you are toast. Simply alter user SYS identified by password, this will now change both the SYS password and the internal password.

Also I don't believe Howards advice is correct. AFAIK it *only* works on the server with NTS *set*

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Nov 19 2002 - 02:18:29 CST