ORACLE INSTANCES PER DBA

From: Ed Blondin <apgm26_at_email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 04:51:16 GMT

I am working for a company that is trying to determine how many DBA's should we reasonably have for a large environment (1000 different instances). There is no one answer here and different instances take different amounts of work. I was just trying to see where we fit in the DBA arena. We currently have a ratio of about 22 instances per DBA. We have no idea if there is an industry norm or if we have more or less instances per DBA. Can anyone help? Received on Mon Nov 18 2002 - 22:51:16 CST