Re: Intermedia search fails on new records

From: Tim Arnold <timkarnold_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:03:37 -0200

"Harry" <a_at_abc.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for that also, but I'm using Oracle 8i enterprise so which
> method should I use?
>
> On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:36:38 +0300, "Vladimir M. Zakharychev"
> <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com> wrote:
>
> >You can setup an Oracle job that will look like this:
> >
> >for idx in (select pnd_index_name iname from ctx_user_pending)
> > loop
> > CTX_DDL.SYNC_INDEX(idx.iname);
> > end loop;
> >
> >set it to run at regular intervals and this should do the trick.
> >Actually, ctxsrv use is deprecated and what it does rougly
> >matches the job above.
> >
> >For more information on Oracle jobs and how to set them up,
> >refer to DBMS_JOB package in Supplied PL/SQL Packages Reference.
> >And don't forget to set your job_queue_processes > 0 in init.ora,
> >or there will be no processes to run your jobs...

Whichever is easier(?)

CTX_DDL.SYNC_INDEX is the preferred method. We use ctxsrv because it is instantaneous. The downside is a) deprecated b) there is claim of index fragmentation. We wrote an NT service wrapper for ctxsrv, so it comes up as service and no need for a dedicated workstation.

Regards,
Tim Received on Mon Nov 18 2002 - 07:03:37 CST