Re: GLOBAL_NAME, DBLINKS and Replication

From: Matthias Rogel <rogel_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 16:13:52 +0100

hi patrice,

in oracle 7.3 replication used to work also with GLOBAL_NAMES=false does your oracle has a version ?

but i think it is a better idea to work with global_names=true to get db links work, U just have to change the global name of your (target-database)

use the
alter database rename global_name to ... statement

matthias

ps.
i thought, replication thru eurotunnel was easier i'll stay on the ferry again next time :-)