"NOT NULL value" for procedure arguments using user_arguments

From: Morten <usenet_at_kikobu.com>
Date: 18 Nov 2002 06:39:13 -0800

Hello.

SQL> desc ccs.bongbong
PROCEDURE ccs.bongbong

 Argument Name                  Type                    In/Out Default?
 A                              VARCHAR2                IN     DEFAULT
 B                              VARCHAR2                IN

Can anyone explain to me what query 'desc' becomes? I wish to find out how it determines the default flag for the procedure arguments. This information is not in user_arguments.

SQL> select argument_name, default_value from all_arguments   2 where object_name = 'BONGBONG';

ARGUMENT_NAME                  DEFAULT_VALUE

Thanks,

Morten Received on Mon Nov 18 2002 - 08:39:13 CST