take 1 datafile offline ?

From: robert <newsreply_at_#removethis#cookiesoftware.nl>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 20:32:29 +0100

Hi there,

I have a question about datafiles / tablespaces. Lets say i have a tablespace called 'APPDATA' which has 4 datafiles "FILE1.ora,FILE2...etc".

FILE1 is on a HDD who i don't trust any more. Can i just take that one datafile offline, copy to an other disk and take it online again ? Or do i have to take the entire tablespace offline ? I have done that before (alter tablespace blablabla) and then used a rename datfile.....
But i thought i would be nice to do this on the fly.

cheers,

Robert Received on Sun Nov 17 2002 - 13:32:29 CST